Manchester Township, Michigan

shim image Fire Department

Contacts:Manchester Township Fire Department

Emergency Dispatch:   911

Non-Emergency Dispatch: 734-991-2911

Fire Chief Bill Scully:   734-428-9439

Description:

The Manchester Township Fire Department is a volunteer fire dept.  We currently have 30 members, including seven officers, 14 firefighters and two probationary firefighters.  Our members have been trained to medical first responder, basic EMT or paramedic levels.  Some of our members have received specialized training in hazardous materials, advanced vehicle extrication and technical rescue.

We belong to the Washtenaw County Hazardous Material Team, and a soon forming Technical Rescue Team.

We respond to life threatening medical emergencies, vehicle accidents, hazmat calls, and fire calls.  On average we respond to 300 calls a year.

The Manchester Twp Fire Dept provides coverage for the northern ¾ of Manchester Township.  The Clinton and Sand Lake Fire Deptartments cover the bottom ¼.  We cover all of Sharon, and Freedom Townships, and ½ of Bridgewater Township.  We respond from our only station located in the Village of Manchester.

Manchester Township Fire Department receives FEMA Grant

The Manchester Township Fire Department has been selected to receive an Assistance to Firefighter’s Act Grant for Firefighter Safety and Operations during the 19th round of awards in 2007 for $130,625.00.  The grant was prepared and written by Fire Chief Bill Scully.

The grant requested funding to replace the departments out dated Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), high pressure compressor system, and a Rapid Intervention Pack.  The project totals $137,500.  The Manchester Twp Fire Department will provide 5% ($6,875) that is required by the terms of the grant.  FEMA will fund the remaining 95% ($130,625). (More Details)

2011 Open House Pictures

Link to Burning Notifications

Links to cooperating agencies:

Washtenaw County Emergency Management

Huron Valley Ambulance Emergency Medical Services


  

shim